When swapping IT providers there is a process both sides will follow. At times there are some terms that us as technical people use to understand what is going on. However some our new clients may not understand them. In this guide Mitchell from the help desk crew will explain 5 of the common terms items we may mention though out the process.
- Pre Boarding – This is a process where we ask you about your set up. This includes how many users you have, any software you are using, any usernames & passwords you may feel we need or we need and a few other questions.
- On Boarding – This is where we install some software on your computer. This will allow us to take control when you call the crew for support. Also this allows the crew to remotely monitor your computers health for any problems
- Handover document – This is a guide to how you access support, the simple over view of your support terms with us like support hours and any other important information. The guide is to help give a clear outline so there is no nasty surprises.
- Screenconnect – This is our support client which allows us to securely take control of your computer each time you call for support.
- Administrator password – This password is like a master password. If you are moving from a past provider to us you will need to ask them for this. However you may have this password if you do not have a provider.
Though out the process the crew are always on hand to help answer any problems you may have. If we use a term you do not understand please ask us, we are always happy to explain.
Help desk And Network Crew
I am here to help our clients with their day to day IT problems. I am also part of our marketing crew responsible for helping educate our clients to empower them to get the most out of their computers and devices. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with me by phone on 01279 800 037 or by email at email@example.com